23 April 2009

favorite quilt


For those who always read my blog, you'll know that I've posted about this quilt before. But I'm doing it again now for an online quilt festival put together by Park City Girl.


This is my favorite quilt I've ever made. I don't know, but I just really like how it turned out. I love the simple geometric pattern with all the solid colors. Each strip is about 1 inch x 8 inches (finished) and it is twin sized so there was a lot of sewing involved! I also had it quilted (by someone else) with the Denyse Schmidt loops, which turned out great. The backing is orange with the blue quilting thread showing. Love it.

14 comments:

Zonnah said...

I agree I like the simple pattern with the solids. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love solids....it's a beautiful quilt...great job on your color placement...

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful quilt. Love solids too.

Quilt Rat said...

Terrific quilt. I love to see the use of contrasting threads. So glad you have joined this fabulous festival

Tabitha said...

I also LOVE it!

Quilt+Bitch said...

I love the colors. I like how you chose black for the border. It frames the quilt nicely.

Jamie said...

I really like the stitching and blue thread was a good choice.

Mel said...

Love it! I love everything you do though!

Unknown said...

Love it! Such fun colors - thanks for sharing :)

stitchinpenny said...

Sometimes the things that look simplest are the hardest. Your corners all had to match because ther was no pattern ti hide mistakes.

Marianne & Clayton said...

I dream of creating something geometric and lovely like this. Dream being the operative word here. It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

It is definitely a wonderful quilt. Love the colors.

randi said...

I love all the great colors!

Vicki said...

I like the uniqueness of the pattern and the simplicity of the solid colors.