31 October 2011

Halloween 2011

Henry was an owl this year. I used the Martha Stewart costume pattern. He kept pulling on his little glasses until they stretched out so much that he couldn't keep them on. But luckily everyone still knew he was an owl.




Luke was a fish this year. I have made this pattern before - and it was so hard I swore I'd never do it again. But Luke asked for a blue one, so I made him a blue one. What a good mom I am.






Charlie also wanted to be a fish. He used the costume I made a few years ago. Thankfully he didn't want new colors. (Fish costume pattern - Simplicity 4926)



Sam was a robot. I told everyone this summer that I'd love it if someone were a robot and Sam obliged. He's good like that. He ended up ditching his arms after a few blocks of trick-or-treating because they made him too hot. He also couldn't hold his candy bag and put candy in at the same time, so I held his bag the whole time. (Robot inspiration here).


Jack was a viking. I had asked if someone would be a viking too because I really wanted to make this beard. We were going for Stoic the Vast, but we ran out of time on the armored skirt thing and the arm bands. I think it worked out okay. I'm loving the beard. (Beard inspiration from this girl).




And that's it until next year! Time to start working on Christmas presents :)

If you'd like to see my Halloween costumes from years past click here.

9 comments:

sara said...

Oh my gosh Leigh I love them all. If I'd had two fish come up to my door tonight to ask for candy I would've given them extra! They all look SO great. I ended up buying all of my kids' this year; maybe next year I'll make the time to sew some.

Me? A Mom? said...

Mom Extraordinaire! These are great!

jackie said...

wow leigh these all look amazing! i am so impressed.

Annie said...

Leigh, you are amazing.

katie said...

I didn't see very many homemade costumes this year, and was kind of sad, so it's refreshing to see yours. Jack looks like Dan in that last picture. You should save those for me for when your kids grow out of them.

carrie said...

Your boys are super lucky!
Will you make my costume next year?

Marianne & Clayton said...

Leigh, I always look forward to your Halloween posts! These were amazing. I love the fish, you can't buy anything that awesome. Well, at least for under $100. They all were so great!

polka dots said...

so cool leigh!

Amanda said...

I'm totally in awe of the fish. I remember seeing the orange one when you first made it and I think about it all the time. The blue one turned out just as amazing. So cute!