23 June 2008

we have a new floor!

YAY! We started the floors Saturday morning around 10 am, finished up that day around 8:30 pm, and still had a few more hours left until they were done. My cousin Dan (who helped demo)also came over and worked for a good 6 hours. We installed prefinished solid Brazilian cherry. It was a naildown floor (not snap together). I'd do it again. I didn't feel like we really messed anything up until the last few rows (which were for sure the hardest.) Next up are the cabinets! (Also - the floors look a little darker in real life.)

8 comments:

Jan said...

Oooooooohhh! Pretty! You're such a super woman. I tell ya... Come to my house and make me a pergola, woman!

KA said...

For those of us who are hardwood floor illiterate, why is nail down better than snap together?

leigh said...

It's not that it's better, but it does take longer to install (nail down). Usually snap together floors are Pergo or something synthetic. Hardwood usually requires nails.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leigh! I bet that feels like such an accomplishment. Looks good.

Mel said...

It is beautiful leigh! I love wood! You guys did awesome!

Stephanie said...

Reading your blog is better than watching HGTV. I love it. The floor looks great.

Ashley said...

looks really good leigh! Brad and i will have to come see the house when it's done being transformed!

polka dots said...

Looks awesome. I am jealous. I love wood floor.