24 October 2008

FHE


Well, I don't usually blog about family home evening because I rarely have it. (I know, I am a terrible mom and Mormon and I feel really guilty for not being consistent in this and other things.) But this Monday we did have it. We hiked to the top of Ensign peak, which is a fairly short hike (less than a mile round trip.) It was mostly fun (a little scary at the top) and I think the boys loved it. I think they do like hiking after all.
After the hike we talked about how we help each other as a family like we did on the hike. Dad carried Luke, Mom stayed behind with Charlie because he got tired, Dad, Jack, and Sam waited for Mom and Charlie so we could enjoy it together. We talked about how we could help each other at home by being nice to each other and helping out. I don't know if they remembered anything I said, but it was a nice little evening together. I sure do like all my boys.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

That's so great! I bet your boys will remember that FHE for a long time!

emily said...

i love this pic because it looks like dan's smiling a real smile and so is everybody else!

sara said...

A great picture of all your boys.

We hardly ever plan a formal FHE but we have finally gotten into the habit of sitting down together and doing something, having a conversation, or something on Mondays. And even though it's never much, the kids look forward to it. It's always helpful when the kids remind you to do it!

Lisa said...

hi there! I'm a mom with 4 boys too! We need to start a blogging club for the mom of 4 boys. we could share some fun stories I am sure! Cute family!!

Angela said...

I bet they'll remember it!

Pants said...

Luke looks PSYCHED!