13 April 2009

Poor Little Luke

Luke has pneumonia and RSV. I took him to the ER at midnight on Saturday and they admitted him at 6 am. I have never had a child in the hospital and it was pretty scary at first. The poor guy was having a terrible time and not getting enough oxygen. Luckily he only had to stay one day (and 2 nights, if you count the night in the ER) and he came home today. I thought about taking a picture a few times, but it was too sad. All hooked up to oxygen, an IV, and a few other monitors which he hated. Anyway - he has a pretty bad cough still but is breathing well enough to be home. Thanks to Jamie and Dan (who happened to have today off) and all the people in my ward who offered babysitting and dinner. (I was there the whole time with Luke, except for a few hours when Dan relieved me so I could go home and shower.)

7 comments:

sara said...

Oh man, sorry Leigh! Sounds like it was much worse than our recent hospital experience. I hope he's feeling better!

Jan said...

Oh, Leigh, I'm sorry! Poor Luke! I'm glad that he's out of there and at home now! I make awesome chicken noodle soup if you guys need me to make you some :)

Kate said...

That's SO sad! What a bummer of an Easter. I hope he continues to get better.

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry Leigh! I'm so glad that he's out of the hospital and that he's doing better! I wish I cooked like Jan, so I'll just say that her chicken noodle soup DOES rock, so take her up on that offer.:)

carrie said...

Oh my goodness! So scary! I hate when babies are sick! Poor Luke and poor Leigh! (And yes I use lots of exclamation points.)

Brit said...

Oh my goodness! That is awful! RSV is sooo not fun!I'm so glad he's home now! Be prepared for lots of suctioning, breathing treatments, and cuddling. I hope you guys get better soon!

Mel said...

Been there done that with Austin. So sorry! Hope he gets better soon!