01 October 2009

new doc

I made an appt with my new doctor (the endocronologist). It's in a month. I'm going to try and get a yes or a no before my appointment. But if they can't tell me I'm just going to plan on having the radioiodine and try and plan for it. I'll be making some low/no iodine dinners, muffins, and breads, and putting them in the freezer. That should help me to feel less anxious. I'll also have some neighbors on standby in case I need some extra help. Dan's going to try and get off work early during those 2 weeks. So I'm hanging in there.

In other news - I'm dying to sew something! So last night while we were watching a movie I made some more of these.




I will eventually make a quilt with them all, but I'm not sure when that will be. The idea behind these is to use scraps AND to put fabrics together that aren't from the same line (something I need to work on). This techniques is called English paper piecing. There is an excellent tutorial for it here. I buy my paper shapes and there are lots of other shapes available here.

I also started working on the back of my wonky star quilt so that I can start quilting it someday. I'm still not sure how I want to quilt it. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Mel said...

You are my hero. I need to be more like you. You are so talented. I love what you did while watching a movie. Way to multi-task! I am sorry you are having a hard time. I will do anything for you, seriously. Love you girl!

sara said...

Those are so pretty!

Kristine Hanson said...

oooooooooh those could be addicting! lovely combos you picked....you will make the right decision!

Laurie said...

You are amazing. Do you realize how serious your sewing skills are? I'm totally impressed. I'm not good for anything during a movie except eating popcorn and candy. Sodas, too. Seriously, I wish I had your talent.

Stephanie said...

So, different product line, but same color scheme? I could send you scraps?!

Susan said...

oh i love those quilts. i always promise myself that i am going to make one and never do. your blocks look amazing.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I am seriously in awe of your hexies! :) I think I will keep my 15 and be done with that project & just admire yours!