22 October 2009

Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt Cake


I originally got this recipe here. But I have made a few minor adjustments to it (spices, order of ingredients, directions, and glaze). It is honestly one of the best cakes I've ever had. I brought it to a fundraiser last night and Dan bought it. If you try it, let me know what you think!

Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt Cake

2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups pumkin puree (not pie filling)
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tsp cinnamon,
1 1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

Glaze

2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-3 Tbsp cream or milk

Preheat oven to 350. Butter bundt pan generously. Dust with flour. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 1 minute. Add buttermilk and pumpkin and beat until well combined. Add spices, soda, baking powder, and salt and beat until just combined. Add flour 1 cup at a time and beat until until batter is smooth.
Spoon batter into bundt pan. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake, release from pan, and let cool completely.

For glaze combine 2 Tbsp softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until very smooth. Mix in 1-3 Tbsp cream or milk 1 Tbsp at a time until it's as thin as you'd like it. Drizzle over cake.

5 comments:

sara said...

Oh my gosh Leigh, that looks and sounds SO good!! I am racking my brain trying to think of a good reason to make it (besides the obvious - eating the whole thing myself). Thanks!

Ashley said...

that looks sooo yummy!! and i love how you always have nice backgrounds in your pictures!! you're so creative! hope you're doing well!

Meg & Josh said...

YUM!

Karen said...

Delicious!!!
I was speechless when I saw the pic of your tree skirt. Amazing!
Thinking of you Leigh!! Love from Texas!

Mel said...

I am going to make that! That looks amazing. I will let you know how it turns out :) Thanks!