So my sister Katie has been studying photography for a few years at college. And while we were in Spokane I asked her to take some photos of us. This is on my parents' property. Isn't it beautiful? But there were several problems:
1. When we took the photos, it was bedtime for the kids. And they were exhausted.
2. I didn't realize that my hair is the same color as the rye in the background. (It is rye, right Mom?)
3. It is apparently impossible for 4 kids and 2 adults to all smile at the same time AND at the camera AND look normal. Impossible!
4. I was also not super happy to be taking family photos while pregnant, but that didn't turn out as horribly as I thought.
5. I'm never sure what outfits to wear. I never want to look too matchy but I don't want someone standing out in orange, either. I didn't like how these outfits looked too matchy.
Therefore, here are the photos I've decided to show you. (And thanks anyway, Katie, for trying it.)
Not a horrible photo, and less than half the people looking at the camera.
This one would maybe have been great if it didn't look like Sam was nearly grabbing my boobs and if I could have tucked my chin a bit. (Something photographers have been telling me since elementary school - why don't I remember?)