I've also not been blogging because I've been working on a dress. Dan's sister Sara is getting married soon. She's not having bridesmaids so I get to pick my own dress. I decided to make one out of all that linen I bought a few weeks ago. I found a pattern for a dress I've been dying to make since I saw it in J. Crew a long time ago (like maybe 10 years ago).
Here's the pattern I found. I didn't want the skirt as full so I used a skirt from another pattern. I also widened the band around the middle so it looks more like the J.Crew one. I also added a little more to the neck near the shoulders.
So far it's turning out well, but I forgot about sewing linings and how you should make a separate dress instead of sewing the lining with the dress. I don't know how to explain it but I did it wrong and now I'm having to take most of it apart and resew it another way. It's a hassle. Maybe I'll show you a picture when it's all the way done. Here's what it looks like so far.